In business, none of us are perfect, so when you receive a complaint or constructive criticism be proactive.
Here are 8 vital actions for dealing with complaints:
- Contact the customer, if you haven't already resolved the problem.
- Listen carefully, and consider their comments.
- Don't take it personally or get defensive.
- Resolve the problem if you can.
- If the problem points to a training need, make sure staff get the training.
- Look for ways to improve systems to make mistakes unrepeatable.
- Document the lessons learned. Make sure everyone in your team knows what the problem was, how it occurred, how it was resolved, what was learned and how to make sure it doesn't happen again.
- Don't be afraid to publish selected examples on your website and social media pages. If prospects can see that you take complaints seriously and work hard to resolve any problems, your business will seem more believable. It's better than pretending that problems never happen, and takes away the worry that they'll be ignored.
For further information please contact us on 0845 340 0038.